Avery Dennison Sales Enablement Specialist in San Francisco, California
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets
. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at
Avery Dennison is seeking a results-oriented Sales Enablement Specialist to join the Global Commercial Enablement Team in Portland, OR. Reporting to the Sales Enablement Manager, this person will play a key role in furthering the strategic selling and analytic capabilities of our Global Commercial Sales Team (with specific focus on our US West region). In this role, you will drive Avery's Global Account Management process, including strategic and financial planning efforts, business intelligence and ad hoc reporting needs. As the primary resource for leading strategy development and execution, you will be responsible for all activities related to strategic planning and global alignment, development and deployment of performance metrics and managing review processes. Acting as a change agent, you will be the process and subject matter expert responsible for driving continuous improvement and support for the Global Account Management process. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of world class sales processes and product positioning to help our Global Commercial Sales Team drive value and revenue. This role requires passion, creativity and excellent communication skills that are balanced by exceptional business acumen and selling skills.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
● Lead the development and deployment of tools, processes and strategies for the Global Commercial Sales Team within defined region.
● Work directly with Sales Leadership to execute key sales enablement programs and provide value-added thought partnership.
● Define and manage key SOPs - including Market Planning, Customer Wiring and Analysis, Pipeline Management, Customer-Facing Sales Tools and Internal Communication Procedures.
● Coordinate with our Salesforce.com team to deliver end-user training and drive adoption.
● Collaborate with other functions, including Innovation and Market Development, CPD/CPD, Supply Chain and Customer Service to ensure alignment for global execution across the organization.
● Develop Commercial Sales Org to translate data trends, market data and SWOT analyses into strategies and action plans to support customer-focused and internal objectives.
● Serve as an internal consultant, facilitator and educator on strategic thinking and understanding business analytics and metrics, in order to develop and lead the sales organization to become strategic thinkers and planners.
● Help infuse process discipline, systems thinking and critical tools deep into the Commercial Sales Org in order to support closure of new mandated business and nominations.
● Analyze and report on strategic sales initiatives, project status, account plans and ongoing overall progress using data visualization tools - i.e. QlikView.
● Collaborate with peers and other functional teams to develop and deliver sales training curriculum (both virtual and in-person) and measure the effect on the business.
● Build institutional knowledge by systematically capturing, documenting and disseminating lessons learned from prior projects and initiatives.
● Create and recommend sales process improvements to further develop the RBIS Global Account Management process.
● Discover and document sales organization development needs.
● Communicate complex concepts in a simple and straightforward manner.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
● Bachelor's degree required.
● 5-7 years related business experience, with emphasis on sales operations, global project management, analytics/reporting and financial planning.
● Experience utilizing Salesforce.com and driving user adoption highly preferred.
● Excellent overall business acumen and organizational savvy, including expert level presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
● Ability to build relationships across various levels of the organization (virtually & in-person).
● Prior experience building and executing sales training programs and curriculum.
● Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, delivering high quality work while under significant deadline pressure.
● Ability to follow and interpret data patterns in order to better understand the business.
● Experience with Data Visualization Tools such as QlikView/QlikSense highly preferred.
● Excellent project and process management skills - Lean Sigma background preferred.
● Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
● Ability to take direction from multiple sources and create a shared vision.
● Expert in Microsoft Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint and their Google Drive equivalents.
● Strong record of achievement, with solid analytical skills and an entrepreneurial hands-on approach to work.
● Previous sales, sales operations or sales management experience highly preferred.
● Excellent people skills, including experience working with a variety of inter-departmental and international stakeholders.• Ability to travel, as required for the role (Approx. 30-50%).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled