Avery Dennison Sr. Occupational Health Nurse in Rancho Cucamonga, California
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This role supports the western region and will also provide telephonic support to several smaller sites.
A Regional Occupational Health Nurse is a Bachelor or Master's Degree prepared registered nurse who manages, administers, organizes, coordinates and provides therapeutic and preventive occupational nursing services to employees at the specified site of responsibility. This is done within the boundaries of the State Nurse Practice Act and Company policies, guidelines and protocols.
Areas of Responsibility:
(Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned)
• Works with the Regional Occupational Health manager, other Avery Dennison occupational health nurses, site management, EHS, Risk Management and other internal and external stakeholders to carry out the objectives of the Company’s Occupational Health program by:
Managing occupational and non-occupational injury and illness with focus on early treatment and return to work.
Managing preventive health, employee wellness, ergonomics and collaborates with EHS on safety programs.
Analyzing occupational and non-occupational injury/illness cases occurring at site and developing health/educational/wellness programs to control and/or prevent further cases or complications.
• Provide emergency care, evaluation and follow up for occupational illness and injuries and provide health consultation, minor treatment and referrals for non occupational issues.
• Manage absences and issues related to FMLA, STD, Workers’ Compensation and LTD claims with focus on early return to work and prompt issue resolution.
• Lead site wellness committees and targeted wellness programs and participate in safety-ergonomic teams, incident investigation teams, when appropriate, and Kaizen / 6-Sigma teams, consistent with facility and Company goals and objectives.
• Manage sites Substance Abuse Program including quarterly random testing.
• Manage sites Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Program and quality programs on all medical equipment in use.
• Manage sites Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) Program including current training on First Aid/BBP/CPR-AED.
• Conduct occupational health surveillance testing (hearing conservation, health surveillance, respirator clearance and fit testing, etc.), as appropriate and with physician oversight as needed, and report trends to management and/or EHS.
• Coordinate and/or perform assessments for new hires and other health assessments as needed.
• Maintain medical and surveillance records as required by Company and regulatory agencies.
• Collaborate with local Medical and Emergency Service personnel on professional development strategies relating to the occupational environment (including terrorist issues).
• Maintain active membership and participation in regional and national occupational nursing organizations.
• Keep abreast of current medical and occupational health issues.
• Development of an annual operating plan / calendar to ensure occupational program enhancements and delivery of all regulatory related requirements, e.g. surveillance testing, fit testing.
• Current license to practice as a registered nurse (RN) or nurse practitioner (NP) in the state of employment and practice.
• Minimum of an Associate Degree of Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or higher
• Two or more year’s occupational nursing experience
• Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN-S) or working towards certification (highly desired)
• Certification in First Aid, CPR/AED, CAOHC, and ACLS preferred
• Proficient in ergonomic assessments for industrial operations (preferred)
• Familiar with state and federal requirements related to practice including OSHA, DOT, ADA, HIPAA, FMLA, and Workers’ Compensation
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and build relationships to drive change
• Able to prioritize, multi-task, flexible and exceed customer demands
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Travel – approximately 25% to 50%
• Ability to be on call to support site medical issues as the need arises (Pennsylvania and California)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled