Avery Dennison Sr. Process Engineer in Painesville, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Sr. Process Engineer to join the Process & Quality group in Painesville, Ohio. As a Sr. Process Engineer for our facility, you will execute projects of significant importance, scope and complexity and will resolve common and special cause issues that impact plant quality, reliability and performance.
In your role as Sr. Process Engineer, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
• Support day to day operations in the production environment and work with other staff to identify, select, prioritize and execute process improvement projects.
• Provide general troubleshooting, engineering, maintenance, equipment and daily process assistance to our manufacturing line.
• Continually improve & optimize current products through variation reduction.
• Investigating manufacturing problems and consulting with production teams, analyzing the supporting data, recommending corrective actions, and following through on recommendations to evaluate their effectiveness.
• Creating refining, educating and implementing standard work.
• Use lean six sigma to eliminate waste, improve material flow, and streamline processes.
• Assisting and improving the controls, equipment, and maintenance practices used to run the operations.
• Lead capital projects related to equipment installations, modifications, or upgrades.
• Support new product development and product design
Avery Dennison has a long history of being a market leader. Your history is important to us. It should include the following:
• BS Degree in Mechanical or Chemical engineering required or Master’s degree in Engineering and Management (required)
• 6+ years process expertise in a manufacturing environment with Bachelor’s Degree; alternately, 3 years of process engineering experience with a Master’s Degree in related field would also be considered.
• Experience with variation reduction using statistical analysis, statistical process controls (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), and Mean Squared Error (MSE).
• Ability to resolve common and special cause issues via methodology to develop, implement, monitor, measure, and control functional improvement plans.
• Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, decision analysis, situation appraisal skills.
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities. Project Engineering and AutoCAD experience is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to connect and influence at all levels of the plant.
• ISO 9001-2000 and Six Sigma exposure/experience. Green Belt / Black Belt certification a plus.
• Mechanical competency with controls, instrumentation, PLC (Programmable Logic Controls) knowledge
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled