Avery Dennison Maintenance Technician - 7p-7a - Bldg 5 in Painesville, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products and solutions, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Our Performance Tapes facility has immediate openings for an experienced maintenance technician.
Avery Dennison offers paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401k with a company match along with comprehensive health insurance. Our pay rates are highly competitive and include a shift differential of $2.00 per hour.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of equipment and facility. Activities include both planned and predictive maintenance and breakdown repair. You will work 12 hour nights (7pm-7am).
Position activities may include, but are not limited to:
● Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective components, and performing
troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches,
specifications, prints, manuals, and verbal and/or written instructions.
● Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as pneumatic
tools, motors, conveyor systems and production machines and equipment using testing
instruments, hand and power tools and precision-measuring instruments.
● Performing a wide variety of functions such as installation, maintenance, and repair of
equipment for generating, distributing, and utilizing electrical energy. Using instruments
to test circuits and replace or install new power, light, electronic and control circuits.
● Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits and wiring for shielding and
grounding, and testing electrical equipment for safety and efficiency.
● Repairing complex electrical equipment, including motors, switches, switchboards,
electrical mechanisms, automated machines, controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers,
communication systems and alarms.
● Working from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other specifications to locate and
diagnose trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
● Utilize PLC to troubleshoot faults with automated lines to determine cause and
● Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running promptly.
● Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting corrective action.
● Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in accordance with OSHA
● Preparing new machines and production equipment for operation.
● Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen exposure to downtime
related to repairs and maintenance.
● Maintain a clean, safe work area and adhere to all safety policies.
● Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and
● Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within the department/group
and assists other areas as required.
● Continuously reviewing current processes and searching out improvement methods to
improve product/process quality and reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that
adds no value to the work or process.
● Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting department and site goals.
● Contributing and participating in team decision making. Provide support in project work
and other special requests.
● Providing support to the production team to produce superior quality materials that
meet/exceed client needs. This role supports the needs of manufacturing and facilities
to ensure both are in top working order.
● Other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
● High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
● 3 - 5 years previous experience
● Certifications in specialty areas required as applicable. Or acquire within specified timing any licenses necessary to perform the job.
● Electrical certification/ training or 3-5 years experience.
● PLC certification/training or 3- 5 years experience.
● Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude, mechanical/technical skills and
aptitude and logical problem solving skills necessary.
● Good verbal and written communication.
● Able to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly participating work system.
● Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner necessary.
● Must be motivated towards productivity improvements, safety and quality awareness.
● AutoCad proficiency
● Associate Degree or better in Manufacturing or Electrical disciplines.
● Proficiency in using PLCs to troubleshoot and diagnose to root cause
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled