Avery Dennison Finance Manager, Reflective & Digital Inks Solutions in Painesville, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
This position plays a key role in our fast growing Reflectives business that manufactures beaded products and recently acquired Digital Inks products. The role acts as the primary controller for the site and is the first line of analysis and compliance to internal and external finance and accounting rules and regulations. This role also incorporates a high degree of business partnership as a key thought partner to the plant leadership team and Inks commercial team. Given 2018 as the first year of Ink manufacturing in Ohio, this role is expected to complete first phase of Integration expected to be completed by mid 2018. In addition, this role works collaboratively with the manufacturing team to drive productivity, cost out opportunities and to ensure overall site financial targets/KPIs are met. This position is based at the Reflective Solutions plant located in Painesville, Ohio
• Analysis & Insights ( 20 %) – Provide analysis and important insights to the site operations and results. Support and help lead the annual operating plan process with the site leadership team to develop performance targets and identify productivity projects/initiatives which when executed, can deliver the EBIT expectations of the business. Also assist the site leadership team in prioritization of key projects and provide meaningful tracking mechanisms for monitoring progress. Provide updated forecasts of performance and projects.
• Ink Business Partnership (20%) – Provide financial and analytical leadership to Ink Commercial Director in Commercial activities such as short-term, mid-term, and long-term growth opportunities, product & customer profitability analysis & recommendations, and adhoc sales profitability as needed. Also build processes and systems to facilitate pricing decisions, transfer pricing calculations, devising strategies with Commercial team to achieve expected high growth in the business.
• Plant Reporting and Performance (15%) – Accurately complete all required daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting. Including but not limited to daily scrap reporting, weekly tracker of risk & opportunities, mid-month snap outlook, quarterly forecasting and annual operating plan – complimenting reporting with relevant variance analysis and guide team on taking timely corrective actions. Actively lead/support the site to meet or exceeding all expectations related to the key operating objectives for the facility, including safety, quality, service, financials and other key operational metrics.
• Controllership ( 25%)– Support all accounting activities for the site including the month end close process. Be responsible for the site records and record all necessary accruals related to manufacturing operating expenses and losses. Complete all required balance sheet reconciliations timely, accurately and in accordance with company policy. Support efforts for periodic balance sheet reviews with management. Support all Internal (including Sarbanes Oxley and Trade Compliance initiatives and policies) and External audit activities to ensure compliance certification and to be able to explain variances and support reconciliations. Work to identify compliance gaps at the site and coordinate resolution activities with divisional/corporate-wide compliance team. Co-lead, with Materials Management, the coordinating efforts to ensure a successful physical inventory once or twice per year, while ensuring accurate information in accordance with company policy. Support physical count of fixed assets in accordance with company policy.
•Continuous Improvement ( 10%) - Drive evolution of Accountability, Collaboration, and Trust across the organization and proactively link responsibilities to key Divisional initiatives. Show strong demonstration of business ethics and integrity in all activities. Work to continually improve processes and results. Automate the reporting capabilities wherever possible, leading to reduced time required to complete reports.
• Personal Development ( 10 %)– Utilize Avery Dennison’s Performance Management System and related tools to improve professional and personal development. Working collaboratively with other Finance resources and functions demonstrating strong inter-personal skills. Work to leverage strengths and develop unrealized strengths. Continue to build professional and personal skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting
• 5 to 8 years of professional work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Analyze problems/issues
• Exercise insightful judgment & drive for results
• Inspire trust & listen attentively
• Build relationships & adapt productively
• Promote collaboration, lead courageously, and learn continuously
• Excellent analytical, organization skills verbal and written communication skills
• Proven team player, always prepared to take initiative and perform a variety of duties
• Must be willing to work overtime as required
• Proficiency in PC skills (Word, Excel, Access (other relational database software), and query/reporting tools), AND experience/exposure to Hyperion, AS/400, MFGPro (other ERP) and PeopleSoft/Oracle Financials
• Ability to handle multi tasks and flexibility to adjust to change
• Sense of urgency and the ability to work under pressure
• Detail & result oriented
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled