Avery Dennison Supervisor, Supplies Operation in Miamisburg, Ohio
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) is a global leader in providing physical and digital labeling solutions that enable brands and retailers to address challenges and opportunities from source through to store, and in consumer engagement. RBIS provides end-to-end solutions in predominantly the apparel and footwear industry and is a $1.7 billion division of Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). Its products include tickets, tags, woven and fabric labels, heat transfers, software, printers and consumables. The Intelligent Labels division that sits within RBIS is the world’s largest UHF RFID partner, with over 1750 patents and applications worldwide serving multiple industries across retail and industrial segments. RBIS serves the global marketplace with operations in 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com/RBIS.
The Supervisor, Supplies Operation will report to the Sr. Operations Manager . As a Supervisor, you will have direct reports, GPS and disciplinary responsibility. You will provide leadership and direction for all Safety, Quality, Service, Productivity and Cost Reduction objectives and goals within an assigned area of the facility while meeting internal and external customer needs. With general guidance from functional management, responsible for providing team leadership to a customer-focused team or group of teams committed to increased quality and productivity. This position will be on third shift.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
· Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is provided to staff members.
· Monitor and evaluate team members, and adjust training where needed.
· Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
· Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies. Maintain all timekeeping, overtime and vacation records and schedules.
· Act as a team role model and change-agent. Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
· Directly supervises employees. Monitors work, alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions, controls load factors and flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools and equipment.
· Design and implement operations improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory, and services.
· Analyze and draw information for daily operational needs and improvement for the team. Provide prompt problem solving for key issues.
· Responsible for key operational measures within business unit (service, quality, productivity, cost, safety).
· Cultivates and reinforces appropriate group values, norms, and behaviors. Identifies and analyzes problems, plans, tasks, and solutions.
· Represents the team, presenting team suggestions and recommendations on processes and procedures in accordance with organization cost, quality, and productivity goals.
· Maintain quality control processes to ensure products/services meet quality standards; lead implementation of process improvements. Drive improvement strategies in all key metric areas; manage production flow, staffing schedule and resources to budget and plan.
· Ensure best practices and standard operating procedures are being followed by conducting frequent business audits.
· Lead 5S activities, housekeeping, and recycling programs. Lead the efforts to create a safety conscious environment; be actively involved in safety initiatives. Lead monthly safety meetings and daily safety huddles.
· Collaborate with other functional areas to resolve problems and develop improved manufacturing processes. Make efforts to reduce manufacturing waste and process complexity.
High School Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, such as Engineering, preferred.
· 5+ years Operational experience with team leader experience preferred.
· Experience leading continuous improvement efforts and ELS Operating Principles.
· Skilled in analyzing and drawing information for daily operational needs and improvement for the team.
· Skilled in scheduling and planning, budgeting and control. Knowledge of systems (Google, Oracle or similar).
· Skilled in designing and implementing operation improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
· Strong ability to manage, coach and develop a diverse team of individuals performing a variety of tasks.
Strong customer focus, communication, planning and coordination skills. Ability to think ahead, anticipates problems, make decisions and take appropriate action.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled