Avery Dennison Production Tooling Specialist- 3rd shift in Miamisburg, Ohio
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Position performs production tooling processes in support of supplies production manufacturing. Tooling processes include; cataloging, organizing and performing general maintenance of the punch, die and rotary tooling on all production machinery/equipment. Maintains ancillary equipment, performs knife sharpening, set-up and building, and expediting tooling repair. This position is on third shift (10:45 PM to 7:00 AM).
- Maintains punch, die and rotary tooling, knife units and/or ancillary equipment in press ready state.
a) Performs inspection and proofing of incoming tooling/equipment. Determines if tooling/equipment adheres to specifications. Expedites corrective action through vendors and/or management when not within specifications.
b) Cleans, inspects and determines repair or replacement requirements: identifies corrective actions for repair requirements.
c) Using precision measurement equipment verifies conformance of parts to blueprints and sketches.
d) Expedites and schedules repair.
e) Makes repairs as required on rotary tooling; replaces gears and bearings, etc.
f) Sets up and operates die sharpening machine and sharpens tooling and rotary dies.
g) Peens punches or replaces.
h) Sharpens dies or replaces.
i) Operates vertical milling machinery, drill presses and surface grinders to maintain tooling/parts in press ready state.
j) Builds knife units per specifications, assists with complex slitter changeovers.
2) Make special set-ups on production machines pertaining to punch and die units, rotary tooling, and knife units. Performs set-ups per prints, sketches and special instructions.
3) Prepares and uses maintenance charts, inventory tracking, daily recording of repairs, and tracks usage i.e.; amount of labels per run per item, via handwritten documentation and pc/mainframe programs.
4) Orders and expedites parts as required.
5) As required, contacts vendors, industrial engineering and manufacturing engineering to determine feasible methods of producing special quoted items.
6) Incumbents perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assist other areas as required.
7) As a member of a production support team; trains, assists and supports other team members in equipment operations and problem solving. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that add no value to the work or process.
8) Based on business need, assists/supports in other job functions within process or other company processes within scope and ability.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Three years experience in machine shop operations; vertical milling machines, lathes and surface grinding machines.
Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions, blue prints, and special order specifications.
Good planning, organization and communications skills.
Must be able to use a variety of measuring devices; micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.
Demonstrated ability to perform math calculations including decimals and percentages.
Demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
Must be able to bend and stoop constantly.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and occasionally 100 lbs. with mechanical assistance or the help of another employee.
Must be safety conscious and alert to safety hazards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled