Avery Dennison Plant Manager in Miamisburg, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Plant Manager for its Printer Solutions Division in Miamisburg, Ohio. This individual will be responsible for overall leadership of the sites operational performance in financial, quality, service, safety, employee relations, and supply chain management.In this role, the successful candidate(s) will develop, improve or maintain an effective system of metrics, scorecards, governance and reviews to assure strategies and projects are aligned with business needs in a leading company where individual and team success are recognized and rewarded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Attract, manage, develop and retain a staff of change agents to deliver results in a manner consistent with living the Avery Dennison leadership principles
· Drive an engaged learning organization that is capable of creating, acquiring, transferring and utilizing value added knowledge to meet and exceed business goals.
· Facilitate robust voice of customer to continuously evaluate and improve internal business processes.
· Create a vision and operating strategy (OGSM – Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures) and ensure the effective execution to achieve or exceed quality, service, cost, safety, inventory and bottom-line results.
· Leverage a demonstrated ability to collaborate across boundaries to solve difficult problems.
· Be a visible leader capable of engaging team members at all levels of the organization.
· Foster a culture where safety is a core value in daily operation and strive towards an accident-free workplace. Support the processes and practices to build on the VPP certification and ensure site compliance with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
· Ensure accuracy and completion of capital planning and budgeting.
· Drive lean management and process discipline throughout manufacturing areas by personally championing Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS).
· Model and promote the Corporation’s Code of Business Ethics and Values.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred.
· 7+ years solid business experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated experience in leading and managing individuals and teams.
· Strong knowledge and experience with ISO 9000 Quality System.
· Knowledge of HACCP a plus
· General business knowledge within the converting and/or electronics industries.
· Experience working in a Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing environment.
· Proven success in operations leadership, improvement process and proven ability to understand and integrate consumer needs, marketing strategies and broader business challenges.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled