Avery Dennison New Product Development Project Manager - RFID in Miamisburg, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
The RFID New Product Development (NPD) Project Manager is responsible for leading cross functional teams towards the implementation of Avery Dennison RFID Inlay & Media developments. The RFID NPD Project Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders such as Product and Market Development, Supply Chain and Sales. Primary responsibilities include project planning and documentation, meeting facilitation, follow up and communication of project plans and status. The RFID Project Manager is accountable for the overall delivery of the product plan and will work with various levels of the organization to ensure timelines are met, risks are mitigated and the overall success and customer satisfaction of the project.
• Responsible for planning and managing the new product development stage gate process for Avery Dennison’s RFID inlay and media projects.
• Work with product line managers to translate customer market requirements into executable projects, and to develop plans for achieving stated objectives.
• Strategize with product managers and engineering teams to forecast problems, assess potential risks and solutions, and plan alternatives.
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, forecasts, and status reports.
• Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
• Help infuse process discipline, systems thinking, and critical tools deep into the organization thereby enhancing company’s capacity for effective & efficient project management.
• Leverage methods & tools to: accelerate project timelines, encourage cross-functional collaboration, and build quality into projects from the outset.
• Identify & resolve issues proactively and balancing schedule, scope, and cost constraints creatively.
• Manage interpersonal dynamics within global project teams (e.g., building consensus among sub-project owners, negotiating any changes to the project plan, and holding team members accountable for delivery on commitments made).
• Ensure teams meet or exceed anticipated project benefits on-time, within budget, and with the desired level of quality.
• Bachelor’s degree required or relevant work experience.
• 5+ years project management or related experience. Experience in leading others and managing cross-functional projects.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deal with changing priorities with a bias towards execution.
• Good facilitation, customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
• Good project management skills with knowledge of Excel or project management tracking software (e.g. Smartsheets).
• Detail oriented; strong analytical skills & organizational skills.
• Problem management skills.
• Experience with applying methods & tools preferred.
• Comfort and confidence in interacting with / presenting to all levels in an organization.
• Good business acumen.
• Ability to influence effectively without authority.
• Understanding of RFID manufacturing or similar manufacturing environment a plus.
• Propensity for identifying issues proactively, making decisions with incomplete information, and acting expediently.
• Willingness to work on a global clock and platform.
• Minimal travel (less than 5%).
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled