Avery Dennison New Product Development, Project Manager RFID in Miamisburg, Ohio
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products and solutions, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Built on a legacy of innovation and materials science, Avery Dennison has embarked on a new era of opportunity. This is an opportunity to take the functional and traditional label and enable it with digital technologies that can give every item a unique digital identity and digital life.
This “intelligence applied” technology has the capability to enable a world of connected everything. A world where the 'who, what and where' of every physical, become points of irrefutable fact and absolute visibility. Provenance, authenticity, sourcing, history, real-time location; guaranteed for businesses and consumers throughout the entire supply chain and all the way to the home. At its most simple, a company with a legacy in “making labels” becomes a category-leading technology company making the Internet of Things a positive, transformative, world-wide reality for all of us. The label has always told us something about the product. Now it can tell us everything.
In February 2020, Avery Dennison acquired Smartrac, a leading manufacturer of RFID products. Combined with the Intelligent Labels business, we will leverage our deep industry knowledge and know-how in technology and innovation, R&D, quality and service to drive RFID and technology adoption across multiple industries. And we want you to be part of our journey!
The RFID New Product Development (NPD) Project Manager is responsible for leading global, cross-functional teams towards the implementation of Avery Dennison Smartrac (ADS) RFID Inlay & Media research and development projects. The RFID NPD Project Manager will work closely with internal stakeholders such as R&D, Product Management, Market Development, Operations, Supply Chain, Procurement, and Sales. Primary responsibilities include project planning and documentation, meeting facilitation, follow up and communication of project plans and status. The RFID NPD Project Manager is accountable for the overall delivery of the product plan and will work with various levels of the organization to ensure timelines are met, risks are mitigated and the overall success and customer satisfaction of the project.
• Responsible for planning and managing the new product development stage gate process for Avery Dennison Smartrac (ADS) RFID inlay and media projects.
• Work with Product Management to translate customer market requirements into executable projects, and to develop plans for achieving stated objectives.
• Strategize with Product Managers and Engineering teams to forecast problems, assess potential risks and solutions, and plan alternatives.
• Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, forecasts, and status reports.
• Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
• Help infuse process discipline, systems thinking, and critical tools deep into the organization thereby enhancing company’s capacity for effective & efficient project management.
• Leverage methods and tools to accelerate project timelines, encourage cross-functional collaboration, and build quality into projects from the outset.
• Identify & resolve issues proactively and balancing schedule, scope, and cost constraints creatively.
• Manage interpersonal dynamics within global project teams (e.g., building consensus among sub-project owners, negotiating any changes to the project plan, and holding team members accountable for delivery on commitments made).
• Ensure teams meet or exceed anticipated project benefits on-time, within budget, and with the desired level of quality.
• Develop and improve project management practices, tools and resources.
• Collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders worldwide.
Bachelor’s degree required in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical engineering discipline. Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical engineering preferred.
• 5 years of relevant professional experience in project management in research and new product development and deployment in NPI operations environment. Experience in leading others and managing cross-functional projects.
• Basic knowledge in RFID technologies and RFID protocols.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deal with changing priorities with a bias towards execution in a multicultural and virtual team environment.
• Excellent facilitation, customer service, relationship building and communication skills.
• Excellent project management principles and best practices. Experience with project management tools, e.g.Smartsheets, Google Workspace and Microsoft office tools.
• Detail oriented with strong leadership, analytical & organizational skills.
• Problem management skills.
• Comfort and confidence in interacting with / presenting to all levels in an organization.
• Good business acumen.
• Ability to influence effectively without authority.
• Propensity for identifying risks and issues proactively, making decisions with incomplete information, and acting expediently.
• Willingness to work on a global clock and platform.
• Willingness to travel, domestic and international (up to 25%).
To be successful in this position you are a confident team player, highly self-driven, and equipped with good collaboration skills. Ability to work under pressure and a continuous improvement solution-oriented mindset is required.
We not only embrace change… we drive it. We work hard, push hard, and take brave risks. Our culture is innovative and collaborative - where bold ideas turn into action. We grow strong talent through stretch opportunities only restricted by your interests. We are committed to workplace diversity, both for employees and for the business. We are a force for good, embedded in industries and communities worldwide. We are challenging ourselves and others to reach higher and think bigger to improve the quality of all life. Avery Dennison is a great place to work for everyone. We offer:
State of the art facilities
Workplace & work hours flexibility
A growing team with good spirit!
Competitive total rewards
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, dis-ability, protected veteran status or other protected status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled