Avery Dennison Mechanical Assembler in Miamisburg, Ohio
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) is a global leader in providing physical and digital labeling solutions that enable brands and retailers to address challenges and opportunities from source through to store, and in consumer engagement. RBIS provides end-to-end solutions in predominantly the apparel and footwear industry and is a $1.7 billion division of Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). Its products include tickets, tags, woven and fabric labels, heat transfers, software, printers and consumables. The Intelligent Labels division that sits within RBIS is the world’s largest UHF RFID partner, with over 1750 patents and applications worldwide serving multiple industries across retail and industrial segments. RBIS serves the global marketplace with operations in 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com/RBIS.
1st shift: 6am-2:30pm
Job Description· Under minimal supervision, incumbent performs mechanical assembly operations, quality inspections and packs per verbal and written instructions.
- Assembles all mechanical printing products, including print heads and sub-assemblies using specification sheets, verbal and handwritten instructions.
· 2. Performs quality inspections per department guidelines and specifications i.e. band quality and the degree of defect on print quality, assemblies for quality and physical appearances and machine print quality.
· 3. Checks band sheets for correct band set up, proper location and movement of internal parts and for proper fit of mating parts. Physically and functionally inspects all heads for correct set-ups, defective bands and parts, inner track for missing parts and all parts that go in the machine.
· 4. Resubmits quality rejects after returning to responsible party for repair.
· 5. Verifies paperwork, production notice or band specifications. Checks for special packing instructions. Responsible for cross-checking counts, and other information against shipping and other control documents. Separates and maintains control of partial shipments until order is complete.
· 6. Operates energy cell, brake wheel, hot stamp machines, and pad printing.
· 7. Moves stock to and from work area.
· 8. Maintains accurate record keeping and reporting of all work performed.
· 9. Responsible for meeting all department standards and efficiencies.
· 10. As a member of a production support team; trains, assists, and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting department goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework, and non-value added activities.
· 11. Participates in ELS training and Kaizen events as appropriate for department.
· 12. Participates in 5S within department/group and assists other areas as required.
· 13. Based on business need, assists/ supports in other job functions within process or other company processes within scope and ability.
· 14. Follows general plant and job specific safety and environmental requirements.
· 1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 2. Must have good vision, manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
· 3. Demonstrated proficiency in performing basic math calculations.
· 4. Must have good judgement and decision making ability.
· 5. Must be able to tolerate dust and work with silicone oil.
· 6. Must be able to accurately follow verbal and written instructions; band specification sheet, print head set-up process manual, engineering custom specification, production notice, etc.
· 7. Must have legible handwriting.
· 8. Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
· 9. Must be able to continuously stand or sit or stretch and reach.
· 10. Must be able to identify band types and patterns, and differences in product line machines within training period.
· 11. Must be able to assemble and retain knowledge of all assemblies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled