Avery Dennison Technical Leader, Specialty in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS), a global leader in providing end-to-end solutions in the apparel and footwear industry, is a $1.5 billion division of Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY). RBIS provides intelligent, creative and sustainable solutions that elevate brands and accelerate performance throughout the global supply chain. RBIS helps elevate brands through graphic tickets, tags and labels, embellishments, packaging solutions and woven components that enhance consumer and product appeal. It accelerates performance through radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled inventory, loss prevention solutions, consumer engagement, price management, printer and labeler products, global compliance, intelligent labels and brand security solutions. RBIS serves the global marketplace with operations in 50 countries, across six continents. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com/RBIS.
The Technical Leader is a subject matter expert in a number of technical disciplines and material components. A Technical Leader will design and modify as well as collaborate with primary staff members regarding protocol and methodology of engineering, technical, scientific and/or research topics. Perform complicated custom product engineering work, exercising independent judgment and action. Resolve technical issues with existing custom and specialty products through product redesigns.
• Lead the completion of specific specialty product development and customer driven projects and provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Development of unique material solutions in response to customer needs.
• Resolution of customer material issues and product redesign.
• Present information and effectively communicate with customers and cross-functionally. Present findings to team and management.
• Manage knowledge/technology transfer and new product development. Generate new ideas for products.
• Write project plans. Determine timeline and resources for projects. Work with outside parties (i.e.: material suppliers, development partners, other companies) to aid in successful project completion.
• Drive growth, cost reduction, yield and product quality improvements, capacity increases and Enterprise Lead Sigma (ELS) improvements of custom and specialty products.
• Maintain awareness of advances in technology and competitive products.
• Write technical reports and document research. Summarize critical results and observations. Verify reliability of data.
• Propose, design, prioritize, conduct and oversee multiple projects and lab experiments. Develop new test methods. Design statistical sets of experiments.
• Lead and conduct problem solving efforts and propose resolutions for custom and specialty products.
• Leverage internal and external experts in network to accomplish goals.
• Safe and timely execution of experiments and coating trials. Follow all plant and lab safety procedures.
• Instruct lab and production personnel.
• Approximately 30% travel.
• 5+ Years label applications, engineering, research, scientific or related experience with Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Experience working with R&D, Marketing, or Operations preferred.
• Demonstrate subject matter expertise in a given scientific field, either thru work experience or documented publications (patent or paper)
• Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Google, Oracle, Business Intelligence and function specific software.
• Strong math and analytical skills.
• Strong organization and attention to detail.
• Strong scientific or engineering knowledge
• Strong ability to interface effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements.
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Skilled in process documentation and improvement.
• Good project management skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled