Avery Dennison Sr. Operations Financial Analyst in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
As a key member of the Operations Finance Team, the SR. Operations Financial Analyst, provides key analytical and financial analysis, planning and reporting services and support to the LGM-NA Operations and Supply Chain Organization. Leads the day-to-day activities in regard to the reporting, planning and analysis activities for R&O and freight. Provides key business partnership with key Operations and Supply Chain Stakeholders to help establish and track site and divisional performance targets. Supports our Symphony (ERP) implementation as a power user through the use of business intelligence tools and analytics. Identifies productivity projects and other continuous improvement opportunities and eliminate inefficiencies in financial processes.
• Provide Finance and Operations & Supply Chain Management with interpretive and predictive financial information, related primarily to Corporate Total Manufacturing Expense
• Provide support to the Transportation team to plan, report and analyze freight expenses.
• Provide general support and assistance to Operations Finance Director and other members of LGM-NA Operations & Supply Chain Leadership Team on a variety of topics/duties/tasks
• Support various finance and operations stakeholders in the development and use of Oracle BI tools.
• Lead the Weekly R&O Process for Manufacturing Expenses & Losses, including the completion of required schedules/templates
• Evaluate key drivers and root cause(s) and provide meaningful analysis to explain Divisional Operating Expense performance and variances to target/commitments
• Provide reporting for the freight accrual, TI sox validation, and claim check refund processes.
• Work closely and support the Accenture team to review / approve freight entries, update annual SOPs and provide various support to
• Develop specific BI tools to analyze and automate weekly and monthly reporting.
• Fulfill various ad-hoc reporting and analysis requirements, including developing, analyzing and presenting information.
• Participate in continuously improving financial and operational business processes.
• Lead local and division-wide improvement initiatives.
• Provide subject matter expertise and training to the operations
• Perform and/or review and approve divisional financial analysis and journal entries and/or standard reserves/accruals/allocations related to monthly financial closing process.
• Support internal & external audits & perform required SOX audit activities to ensure compliance certification for the division/site.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
5+ years of financial and/or accounting experience with experience in a manufacturing environment.
Mainstream (common) ERP and/or financial system(s) experience preferred.
Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite of products (including relational databases) and other related software
Solid working knowledge of ERP & financial & accounting reporting systems, Oracle BI preferred
Ability to work with and synthesize large & complex datasets to prepare comprehensive analyses/reports in a clear and succinct manner
Excellent organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workload of self and team to meet deadlines due to fluid business conditions and requests.
Strong mathematical, analytical and problem-solving skills
Build strong & successful relationships across organizational levels and functions.
Adept at effectively communicating complex ideas and making presentations on financial topics
Provide actionable insights to the organization which leads to improved results
Promote collaboration, desire to learn continuously and takes initiative to act on data and intuition
WHERE YOU’LL WORK: Mentor, Ohio (30 Minutes East of Cleveland)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled