Avery Dennison Quality Technician - Bldg. 14 in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
• Inspection of raw materials, components, and in-process and final products in accordance with approved SOPs, customer and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in plant-related problem resolution activities (FMEA, MDI, etc.).
• Insure performance of routine audits and inspections of production and test areas.
• Provide Quality Assurance (QA) support during production activities.
• Sample and disposition of raw material and components.
• Provide support in product complaint investigations including direct customer assistance regarding quality issues.
• Actively participate in training functions to expand technical skills and improve services provided to all internal and external customers.
• Understand and ensure compliance with cGMP, ISO 13485, and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 regulations.
• Assist in the investigation of customer complaints and nonconformances as required.
• Perform other tasks as assigned. Authority:
• Approve the release of product for shipment to customer.
• Approve process changes as defined by Quality system.
• High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree or Technician Certification a plus.
• 3 - 5 years related Quality experience in medical device industry or other regulated industry is preferred.
• Understands and uses basic science principles in incorporating new techniques. Proficiency with various types of procedures and equipment.
• Flexibility to manage changing activities / projects.
• Understanding of computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Gmail and function specific software.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of organization.
• Ability to read and comprehend documents related to product manufacturing.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds without assistance periodically through the shift.
• Skilled in interfacing effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled