Avery Dennison Maintenance Technician -7am -3pm - Building 14 in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Our Vancive Medical facility has immediate openings for an experienced maintenance technician. Avery Dennison offers paid vacation, paid holidays, a 401k with a company match along with comprehensive health insurance. Our pay rates are highly competitive with starting pay averaging $25.00 an hour.
As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of equipment and facility. Activities include both planned and predictive maintenance and break down repair. You will work 8 hour day shift, M-F.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
· Perform preventive maintenance on equipment from verbal instructions, work orders, and operating manuals.
· Troubleshoot problems and breakdowns (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic) on all Vancive equipment, processes, and facilities.
· Able to construct electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic circuits and systems from drawings.
· Able to run electrical conduit.
· Repair and adjust regulating and control equipment.
· Inspect, clean, and maintain AC/ DC motors.
· Able to plan work flow to complete scheduled tasks in a safe manner within the allotted time frame.
· Recognize deviations from standard conditions and report to team leader.
· Properly document all maintenance activities.
· Follow training and procedures established by the medical quality group.
· Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
· Follow a continuous improvement process with a team approach to problem solving and decision-making.
· Understand and ensure compliance with cGMP, ISO 13485, and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 regulations.
· Respond to calls for emergency repairs on off shift hours.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Perform other tasks as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Minimum of 3-5 years experience providing mechanical and electrical maintenance support in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with other departments.
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems.
· Pipe fitting experience (water, steam, and air).
· Experience with AC/DC drive systems.
· Knowledgeable in the use of electrical test equipment.
· Comply with all applicable environmental, health, safety, and industrial regulations.
· Able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
· Able to safely and effectively use ladders to perform work at heights.
· Proficient with computer applications.
· Previous experience with CMMS systems.
· Willing to work a variety of work assignments to achieve production goals; able to multi task and respond to assignments quickly and readily. Meet/exceed facility standard for attendance and punctuality.
· Experience with predictive maintenance techniques.
· Familiarity with cGMP, GDP, and clean room/controlled access rooms.
· Strong skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled