Avery Dennison Graphic Designer in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. Its products include labels, radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions, tapes and fasteners, and medical applications. Avery Dennison serves customers in a wide range of industries, including non-durable consumer goods, retail apparel, logistics and shipping, durable goods, and healthcare. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs over 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
There isn’t a company quite like Avery Dennison. Our products are on or in countless objects people use every day. Our presence and influence—in marketplace segments, supply chains, economies, communities, and the natural environment—are far-reaching. We combine imagination and intellect in the bold pursuit of solving big problems. We strive to be responsibly managed, sustainably conscious, and profitably run. And, we aspire to be a smart investment, a forward-thinking employer, and an asset to the communities in which we live, work, and support.
Avery Dennison is seeking a Graphic Designer to join the Label and Graphic Materials Marketing organization. This role will work directly with The Concept Lab. The successful candidate will collaborate with internal commercial functions to generate, advocate and inspire great ideas for our customers, end users and business.
• Translate business and product requirements into concepts and prototypes.
• Provide outstanding service to Avery Dennison’s marketing and commercial teams to move from ideas into fully expressed design solutions for customers and end users.
• Work closely with marketing and communications functions to support the communication strategy, plan and execute employee and customer events, and create materials for industry trade shows and conferences.
• Partner with outside vendors to manage delivery of project milestones.
• Planned approach to execute project requirements is essential
• Degree in graphic design, new media or a related field preferred
• 2 - 4+ years of professional experience.
• High skill level with the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with an exposure to label and packaging projects is ideal.
• Experience in a corporate environment is preferred.
• Strong people skills and project management is required.
• Self-motivated, eager to learn and determined to drive action and execution.
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Ability to express yourself clearly and develop concrete proposals while listening and incorporating feedback from others that is sometimes vague or ambiguous.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
Travel - 10%, may include international travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled