Avery Dennison Converting Tech - 7p-7a - Bldg 14 - $24.96/hr in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
• Load material into machine, run machine, and unload finished product. • Follow standard operating procedures and specifications or instructions of maintenance, management or engineers and monitor meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications. • Act as first step in troubleshooting machine issues. Assist operators in troubleshooting and problem solving.• Perform multiple product and process audits per shift to ensure team is following standard operating procedures. Conduct tracking of production and scrap rates for the shift and provide to Operations Manager. • Review schedule and priority with Operations Manager to align on priorities and identify / resolve potential issues. Assist in scheduling machines as necessary.• Maintain inventory transactions, production records, batch records, and logs of equipment and product performance. Issue and review batch records as necessary.• Lead shift turnover discussions, communicate daily priorities to the team, and assist in keeping MDI boards up to date. • Operation of a lift-truck to move or supply product. Capable of material handling for all asset equipment, loading and unloading trucks, and inventory transactions. Move material to/from raw, WIP, Finished, Shipping, Receiving, and manufacturing areas. • Demonstrate compliance with current ISO 13485, 21 CFR, or GMP standards. Follow and understand standard operating conditions, job specifications, and other related instructions.• Complete all necessary documentation for production according to GDP requirements. Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies and practices and consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems. • Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives. • Accountable for daily production maintenance, preventative maintenance and housekeeping tasks according to established standards.• Train others on skills to operate machinery and complete tasks within the assigned department. Maintain compliance with personal training record.• Assist and support other team members in meeting department and site goals. Participate and share in performing all tasks necessary to run the facility. Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work, working in other departments and other special requests when applicable. • Participate in root cause investigation / analysis. • Perform other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant manufacturing work experience required.
· 2 years of experience in skilled labor position with demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
· Demonstrate a strong quality and service focus.
· Good written and oral communication skills required.
· Able to work individually and in a team-based environment.
· Able to work during the designated hours and accept a reasonable amount of overtime (including weekends).
· Demonstrated initiative, integrity, and judgment skills.
· Proficient with computer applications, especially strong ERP system transactional skills.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance periodically through the shift
· Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical or other regulated manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated leadership experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations NoticeIf you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled