Avery Dennison Converting Operator - 7p-7a - Bldg 14 - $22.25/hr in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products and solutions, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
· Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety procedures, policies, and practices.
· Maintain a safe working environment for all employees. Identify and escalate safety issues immediately.
· Manufacture products to required product specifications for the assets in the Converting Department.
· Demonstrate compliance with current ISO 13485, FDA 21 CFR Part 820, and GMP standards.
· Follow and understand Standard Operating Conditions, job specifications, and other related instructions.
· Complete all necessary documentation for production according to GDP requirements.
- Generate and maintain accurate inventory transactions by using MFG/Pro transactional skills.
· Participate in group problem-solving teams and other continuous improvement activities. Support ELS initiatives to improve manufacturing performance (throughput, scrap reduction, safety, ISO work instructions, ELS).
· Operation of a lift-truck to move or supply product. Be capable of material handling for all asset equipment, loading and unloading trucks, and inventory transactions.
Assist in delivering employee training as needed.
Maintain compliance with personal training record.
Accountable for daily production maintenance, preventative maintenance and housekeeping tasks according to established standards.
Work effectively with team and management to create a professional and positive work environment. Effectively communicate with team and management.
Perform other tasks as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant manufacturing work experience required.
· Regard safety as a core value; serve as role model for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices, policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate a strong quality and service focus; address issues effectively when problems arise and take initiative to understand root cause, then communicate / educate the team in a timely manner.
· Good written and oral communication skills required.
· Ability to read and comprehend documents related to product manufacturing.
· Actively contribute in a team-based environment; encourage open communication and positive interaction with peers and management to effectively reach common goals.
· Be willing and able to work during the designated hours and accept a reasonable amount of overtime (including weekends).
- Be willing to work a variety of work assignments to achieve production goals. Must be able to multi task and respond to assignments quickly and readily. Meet/exceed facility standard for attendance and punctuality.
· Be proficient with computer applications, especially email and strong ERP system transactional skills.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance periodically through the shift.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in skilled labor position with demonstrated mechanical aptitude
Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment or other regulated industry.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Reasonable Accommodations Notice
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6080 or Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled