Avery Dennison Application Laboratory Technician in Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio-frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2018 were $7.2 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Applications Lab Technician II role is focused on executing and delivering performance testing to support a variety of R&D initiatives. This role requires good understanding of performance properties of labels, graphics, paper, specialty and durable materials. In this role, you will be required to learn and excel at using various instruments to determine over 200 performance characteristics of Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, Labels, Graphic and Specialty materials. This role will handle multiple requests simultaneously while being able to prioritize their workload to meet required promise dates. This is a first shift opportunity working 7:30 to 4:00pm.
In your role as Applications Lab Technician II, delivering on these responsibilities is critical to success:
● Strong ability to collaborate with colleagues and project leaders
● Effectively meet expectations of testing accuracy and turn around time
● Multi task and manage a variety of testing, timelines and due dates successfully meeting team performance indicators
● Strong ability to effectively navigate a variety of instrument software, analytical tools and a laboratory information management system
● Comfortable in a high output laboratory environment
● Ability to follow all Environmental, Health & Safety policies, carry out safety participations and 5S roles and adhere to all Company policy/trainings
● Conduct lab testing in support of project management, customer response, process technology, and segment and emerging technology teams.
● Perform a wide variety of laboratory tests on raw materials, finished products, chemicals and equipment.
● Duties usually consist of making measurements, performing quantitative and qualitative physical tests
● May participate in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
● Bachelor’s Degree required - Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Engineering, or similar fields. Experience:
● 1+ years or related experience. Other: ● Able to understand what customer’s value and to identify/execute testing and deliver meaningful data that enhances the
division’s capabilities to deliver that value
● Ability navigate Avery software tools, learning tools, data management tools.
● Ability to lend insight to quantitative/qualitative analysis for decision making and problem solving
● Experienced with six sigma and/or lean manufacturing
● Ability to take on increased responsibility, special initiatives
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/DisabledAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled