Avery Dennison 3rd Shift Floor Inspector in Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
ABOUT AVERY DENNISON Fastener Solutions
The Fastener Solutions business unit of Avery Dennison is a worldwide manufacturer of plastic fastening systems used in the automotive, apparel, retail, industrial and packaging industries. Our three-shift injection molding and extrusion operation is located in Fitchburg, MA. The Fastener Solutions is ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 certified.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
Performs in-process and final quality checks as per work instruction.
Develop the shift's break coverage schedule and provide coverage for breaks.
Moves finished, inspected product to warehouse.
Performs final checks of all reworks skids.
Provides production counts throughout the shift.
Provides effective shift to shift communication.
Assists in training of molder/packers.
Does UEE calculations or other production reporting as required
Uses test equipment and methods for quality checks. (ex: optical comparator, calipers, venire, tensile testing, application tests, moisture analysis).
May schedule machine operation in absence of Team Leader.
May sign temporary employees' time slips in absence of Team Leader.
May cover for Team Leader during his/her absence.
Provide coverage for machine operation, grinding and housekeeping when needed.
WHAT WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or general education degree preferred (GED); or one to three month of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Demonstrated leadership and communication skill a plus.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled