Avery Dennison Site Operations Manager in Fairfield, California
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products and solutions, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
At Avery Dennison, some of the great benefits we provide are:
Health & Wellness benefits starting on day 1 of employment
Paid parental leave
Flexible work arrangements
Employee Assistance Program eligibility / Health Advocate
Paid vacation and Paid holidays
Are you looking for a rewarding growth opportunity? Energized by the idea of working with and leading a dynamic, safety-focused manufacturing team? Are you a leader that creates a positive working environment in which all employees are aligned, engaged and valued? Are you looking for a challenging role that includes a strong focus on performance management, employee development, problem-solving and lean thinking? If so, this might be the position for you!
The Avery Dennison Northern California Finishing Center, located in Fairfield, CA, is looking for an Operations Manager to lead the site. We encourage you to check us out on our website at www.averydennison.com and learn about becoming a part of the exciting and innovative Avery Dennison team.
The Operations Leader will have the overall responsibility for the operation of the Fairfield Finishing Center. This position will manage the value stream from receiving, finishing of materials and/or products, packaging and shipping to customers.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Site Management Responsibilities:
• Practice all health and safety procedures and promote safety as a fundamental value
• Lead the safe operation of a facility and comply with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
• Drive for results and effectiveness in: quality, service, safety, employee relations climate, inventory and organizational development. Ensure good operational practices are in place; anticipate and manage through adversity, effectively incorporate improvement programs into the culture of the Operations function.
• Manage operational expenses and drive continuous cost reduction and operating effectiveness improvement.
• Understand and implement ISO 9000 procedures that relate to the role and responsibilities of the operations manager position.
• Achieve maximum levels of productivity by developing a site culture that fosters continuous improvement
• Responsible for delivery of short-term and-long term results in order to develop and maintain the organization's credibility with the business and creating opportunities for the function to add greater value to the business.
• Successfully implement annual and long-term financial and business plans (financial, safety, service, organization, inventory).
• Ensure accuracy and completion of capital planning and budgeting. Lead functional project initiatives as needed.
• Develop Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM) for site and confirm linkage to global business strategies.
Employee Development & Management:
• Perform general management duties, exercising authority concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and terminations. Ensure Performance Management System is up to date and regular feedback is provided to team members.
• Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
• Attract, retain and develop high potential talent. Train and provide development opportunities for team members
• Model and promote the Corporation's Code of Business Conduct, Ethics and Values.
• Act as a role model and change-agent for the team.
• Positively lead and influence team members to partner together to achieve individual and business goals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field required.
• 5+ year’s successful Operations management experience including employee development.
• Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies (e.g. ELS) and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
• Skilled in analyzing information for long-term strategic change and improvement for the site.
• Skilled in leading significant business project initiatives, scheduling and planning.
• Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
• Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all levels and execution.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing individuals and teams
• Strong financial and business acumen.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent teamwork, leadership, relationship building, mentoring, training and project management experience and skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled