Avery Dennison Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Specialist in Dallas, Texas
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison is Everywhere You Look. Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science and manufacturing company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs approximately 30,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2017 were $6.6 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Primary function / overall purpose of this position.
· Develop a valid, feasible and robust S&OP process from almost zero S&OP input to a documented best-in-class process under guidance of Global supply chain Director.
· Conduct S&OP meetings, providing visibility and communication on sales, demand planning, forecasting, manufacturing allocation & distribution , capacity as well as supply trends through comprehensive standardized reporting
· Ensure effective monthly global demand plan is in place across all regions/sites to identify and resolve significant and/or critical supply-demand imbalances.
· Identify potential supply performance problems (schedule infeasibility, noncompliance material or capacity imbalances, excess inventory, etc.) to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner and present possible solutions.
· Build optimization scenarios (demand and capacity balancing; new supplier / market introduction) as input to the annual operations process.
· Produce monthly sales forecasts for all customers up to 18 months, as well as the following year’s annual operating plan, and a two-year long-term plan.
· Analyze global economy and consumer trends to improve forecast accuracy
· Drive the day-to-day activities to meet supply chain program objectives.
· Manage and maintain existing and new product BOMs (including material cost analysis for builds of the products during various NPI stages).
· Establish and track KPIs and production estimates.
· Select, evaluate, and foster collaborative relationships with Commercial manager.
· Negotiate directly with Account managers on strategic inventory deals / aligned with Avery Dennison Inventory policies.
· Design, implement, and refine supply chain processes from materials to product shipment
· University Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Supply Chain, Business Administration and/or related fields.
· Understanding of entire value chain including: demand planning, supply planning, purchasing, global materials, inventory management, S&OP, supply chain IT systems, and bill of materials management.
· 5+ years of experience in supply chain planning, demand management and inventory management in a global manufacturing or distribution environment holding a certain degree of complexity.
· 4+ year of experience with Oracle (preferable) or other ERP, like SAP, AS400.
· Proven ability to conduct advanced supply chain analyses in the areas of forecasting, capacity planning & inventory management, production planning and distribution network optimization.
· Strong technical skills with familiarity XML, Optimization tools, and/or Business Intelligence/Reporting environments.
· Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Ability to articulate and translate business requirements into technical and process specifications.
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize and manage program risk. Willingness to take initiative with complex projects.
· Demonstrated ability in performing in a fast paced, changing and demanding environment.
· Must be a motivated self-starter with ingenuity and confidence to succeed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled