Avery Dennison Regional Manager in Chicago, Illinois
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison was built to make a difference. Our founder, Stan Avery, believed that a purposeful company could be both a profitable enterprise and a force for good.
As a global materials science company, inventing materials, improving how they’re made, and rapidly growing what they can do, is how we make a difference in the world. On any given day, hundreds of millions of people are touched by a product, process, or experience made possible by the things we make. We’re making a difference by delivering innovations that advance the circular economy, reducing our environmental impact, and being a force for good, making valuable contributions for all our collaborators.
Avery Dennison is seeking a professional sales and business partner as a Regional Account Manager to join the Materials Group organization. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, customer centric individual to demonstrate your ability to implement business plans, develop account strategy, and execute on an annual business plan. We will rely on you to bring sales/marketing or business management. This role is responsible for increasing the company’s revenues by achieving sales objectives with regional and strategic Accounts. Territory includes accounts within the MI, OH, IN, IL region.
• Collaborate in a team selling environment to create territory and account strategies to deliver on growth, price and mix objectives.
• Responsible for increasing revenue by achieving sales objectives in existing and new accounts.
• Create and manage territory and account strategies to deliver on price and mix objectives.
• Provide product recommendations, samples, technical support, pricing and service information on demand.
• Provide product quotes and actively utilize value-selling tools and skills.
• Uncover and assess customer needs and develop and execute value proposition.
• Demonstrate products and/or services and provide assistance in the best application of product and/or services.
• Proactively identify new accounts using screening techniques, referrals, and prospecting to potential customers within territory.
• Develop a thorough understanding of market conditions (e.g., current customers, potential customers, competitors) in assigned territory, and develop a strategy to achieve revenue goals.
• Conduct territory analysis and planning to enable appropriate allocation of time to accounts and customers.
• Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and/or services and maintaining effective agreements.
• Use account management skills to plan and execute customer marketing/growth programs for customers.
Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
• 3 years successful sales or related experience.
• Strong ability to work as part of a team.• Demonstrated successful experience in a sales position that involved negotiating complex transactions with upper-level management positions or similar experience.
• Skilled in developing sales penetration and growth strategies at targeted accounts. Proficient in assessing customer needs.
• Excellent negotiation, financial, mathematical, and business acumen skills needed.
• Skilled in communicating and influencing effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues.
• Skilled in preparing professional written proposals.
• Thorough understanding of product and technical information.
• Excellent customer service skills. Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
• Understanding of applicable computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and function specific software.
• 60-70% travel.
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Avery Dennison is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled